Mary Ingalls Didn't Actually Go Blind From Scarlet Fever and Other Disappointments
Breaking news from the world of Children’s literature: According to historical analysis, Mary Ingalls didn’t actually go blind from Scarlet Fever. It’s like everything we ever thought we knew has been turned upside-down. Other shocking stories we’re likely to see soon:
• Hardtack not actually delicious.
• Pa usually wore shirts. (Darn.)
• Sweeping dirt floor revealed to be pointless.
• Nellie Olsen just misunderstood.
• Bathing kids by melting snow in the washtub = no one’s hair was shiny, bouncy, and clean all the time in 1882.
• Mary not as saint-like as we think; once scrawled “Almanzo is a hottie” on outhouse door.